Monday, July 26, 2010

Driving to Arnprior

Monday 26 July

Another breakfast at the greasy spoon ($5. Really. That's £3) and then I hit the road to Arnprior near Ottawa to see my Uncle Robin. The journey took just over five hours and apart from a bit of rush-hour traffic around Toronto, it was a clear run.

Arnprior Museum
It was great to see Robin at last although he was worried that his residence card (which he had applied to renew in April) still hadn't arrived and so he wouldn't be able to come with me to see his daughters in Boston as planned. After a call to the Immigration people it turned out that if he was travelling in a car he wouldn't need the card. So instead of him flying home as planned, I said I would drive him home. This will mean a slight adjustment to the trip and I won't get to see Montréal but it was either that or Robin wouldn't get to see his daughters.

We went to my hotel (the Country Squire Motel - how appropriate...) so I could check in (Robin only has a little flat so no room for guests to stay) and then went down to the Madawaska River - very picturesque!

Spent most of the time just catching up - not much to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment