Monday, July 5, 2010

A week to go...



This is a blog about my trip to North America in July and August 2010. I have been planning this trip for well over a year, and in just over a week I'll be boarding the plane and crossing the Atlantic.

My plan is to fly to Seattle to stay with my friend Jeanna, with whom I taught in Cairo. From there I will fly to Des Moines, Iowa to stay with Tony and Aileen who have been friends of the family for over thirty years. I then drive to Chicago and stay for a few days before taking the train, the Lakeshore Limited, overnight to Buffalo, NY, just by the Niagara Falls. I then plan to pick up another car and drive to Toronto - my first ever trip to Canada! I'll then drive to Ottawa and see my Uncle Robin in nearby Arnprior, who will join me for the next part of the journey. We will spend a day in Montréal before driving to see my cousins (Robin's daughters) just south of Boston. After that, I plan to continue to New York and finish up in Washington DC from where I will fly home.

I will try and keep this updated as often as I can with photos and news - I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment