Sunday, August 1, 2010

Catching up

Thursday 29, Friday 30 and Saturday 31 July

I haven't written anything for a few days so it's time to catch up!

Inside the Bass Pro store. Yes, this is a shop!
On Thursday morning the weather wasn't too good - dull and rainy - so Robin, Lynn, Kyle, Danny and I went for a little shopping trip. They took me to the Bass Pro store, which is an extraordinary place that sells everything for the outdoors - hunting, fishing, sailing - you name it! It even has display tanks full of fish and turtles (not for sale, just for show!). I have never seen so many fishing rods in my life!

The store was near a big complex which includes the stadium where the New England Patriots football team play and we went for lunch at CBS Scene which is a themed restaurant with TVs playing CBS shows. By the time we got back the weather had improved so we spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool and when Dana got home we had our evening meal outside and later Robin, Dana and I went to one of the local hostelries for a drink.

Lazing by the pool
Friday was the laziest day of the trip so far - we just lazed by the pool. When Dana got home from what sounded like a stressful at work we told him that the most stressful part of our day was walking from the sun-lounger to the pool... He wasn't impressed... After dinner we went out to meet my other cousin Carolann, her partner Kim and her son Justin for ice cream and Robin went home with them to stay for a couple of nights.

Boston from the Duck Tour
On Saturday Lynn, Dana, Kyle, Danny and I got up early to go into Boston for the Duck Tour. It was great - the driver/guide was an Irishman who, true to form, talked non-stop for an hour and a half. He was full of information about all the sights and the novelty of going from the road to the water was great. After the tour we wandered up through the public gardens and Boston Common in glorious sunshine and on to Faneuil Hall for lunch.

We returned home and I went over to Florence and Larry's. Flo is Lynn and Carolann's Mum and they live in Braintree. We went over to have a drink at Carolann and Kim's - the first time I had seen their house, which is a beautiful detached property in a nice quiet area. Flo, Larry and I went for a Thai meal and I stayed over at their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment