Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Farewells

Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 August

Yesterday was another very lazy day by the pool - sadly my last, so I made the most of it!

In the evening we all (Lynn, Dana, Robin, Kyle, Danny and I) went over to Carolann and Kim's so that we could all spend it together. They got pizza in and we chatted and stayed for far longer than planned. Robin and I said our farewells and we made our way back for a reasonably early night.

Today, Robin and I got up at 5am as we had been advised to get going early to beat the Boston rush hour. To our (very pleasant) surprise, the whole family got up to see us off and we were on our way before 6am. It was already quite busy so it was just as well we left when we did - once we had got through Boston the traffic going the other way was already at a standstill at 6.30am!

So we had the long drive back to Arnprior, passing through New Hampshire and Vermont, across into Canada and through Québec into Ontario, arriving in Arnprior around 3pm. I had a rest for a couple of hours before Robin and I said our farewells - it has been so great to spend time with him. I decided I would head towards New York City and find somewhere to stay once I had got back into the US. So I am spending the night at the Rainbow Motel (last decorated c1975) in Watertown, New York State.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be having a really good time. Hope you can manage to get cheeseburger and chips in New York!!! Lesley.

    ReplyDelete