Friday, August 13, 2010

Home

So here I am, back home after landing on Wednesday. I didn't dare let the thought enter my head until I set foot onto the platform on Bickley Station, but all of the travel worked out perfectly - not a single delay or any other problem. I even had an empty seat next to me on the flight home!

What a great trip it was - I had always wanted to spend an extended time in America and it proved to be absolutely fascinating as well as thoroughly enjoyable. I am so grateful to all those who put me up (Jeanna, Tony and Aileen, Lynn and Dana, Flo and Larry) and for looking after me so well. It was great to see some new places (Seattle, Des Moines, Chicago, Toronto, Ottawa, Washington) as well as to see Boston and New York which I had visited a number of times before. The place is so diverse in so many ways - I hope this blog gave a bit of a flavour of that.

I hope you enjoyed reading it!

PS All my photos are on Flickr - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment